At Yurtshire our concept is simple. Beautiful yurts with comfortable facilities in stunning landscapes. Set in stunning landscapes across Yorkshire and beyond, the yurts are well spread out to ensure that your privacy is paramount. We have also carefully considered all the facilities to guarantee your stay is as comfortable and relaxing as possible whilst not compromising on the enjoyment of staying in the great out-doors.
Our handcrafted yurts all have steam bent ash beams and a unique round top solid oak door. The chic interiors are both rustic and cosy. Furnished with a double bed and both a double and single futon means the yurts are ideal for either a couple on a romantic getaway or a group of friends or family just wanting to get away from it all.
In the true nature of sustainable living each yurt is self contained with its own private flushing toilet and hot gas shower as well as being fully equipped with everything that you should need during your stay.
All our sites and yurts are ‘off grid’ which means guests can really escape the everyday ‘rat race’. We have gone to great lengths to ensure it need not be a compromise!
In the true nature of ‘off grid living’ the yurts do not have electricity. Lanterns, candles and torches are provided and together with the warm glow of the wood burning stove, fire pits and barbeque it all adds to the romantic ambience and truly magical experience of staying in one of our yurts.
Each yurt sits on decking and has a private compost toilet and hot gas shower.
Eating and Drinking
– Gas stove, barbeque, pots, pans, crockery, cutlery, kettle, tea, cool box.
– Private hot gas shower (outside the yurt), wash bowl and water jug (Within the yurt), 100% cotton towels, and shared wood burning hot tub.
– Double bed, 1 x double futon, 1 x single futon, 1 x single foot stool futon, duvets and pillows, additional rugs, Luxury Egyptian cotton sheets.
– Coat hanger/ wardrobe, foot stool storage, directors chairs, table.
– Each yurt has a private flushing toilet (outside the yurt).
– Torches, lanterns and candles.
– Wood burning stove (indoors) Fire pit (outdoors) complimentary bag of logs.
Each yurt is also equipped with fire extinguisher and fire blanket.
1. Yurtshire Camp Hill – Kirklington, Bedale, North Yorkshire, DL8 2LS
Set within the beautiful grounds of a 250 acre Estate amidst woodland, greenland and meadowland, Yurtshire has three stunning yurts situated in a peaceful corner of the estate. Nestled on the edge of an evergreen woodland the yurts overlook a beautiful meadow.
The Camp Hill Estate offers guests an opportunity to do as much or as little as they choose. From just relaxing with a good book and enjoying the diverse wildlife to zorbing, quad biking, flying through the trees on the aerial extreme the possibilities are endless.
Guests at Yurtshire Camp Hill can also take advantage of the services offered by our partners at Camp Katur such as the outdoor spa.
2. Land at Coville House Farm, Ramsgill, Pateley Bridge, HG3 5RS
Located in an Area of Outstanding Natural beauty and next to the Yorkshire Dales National Park. This Yurt site is heaven on earth. Situated in a field behind Covill Grange Farm the yurts sit amongst the trees next to a small beck with stunning views across the nature reserve at Gouthwaite reservoir and the rolling hills beyond.
3. Strid Wood, Bolton Abbey, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 6EX
Situated on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, this Yurt site benefits from outstanding views across the rolling landscape.
More locations added soon – see the Yurtshire website for more details