Tree House Glamping at Kinlochlaich House, Appin – Argyll
Come and stay in our Tree House – a unique octagonal eco building! Green Tourism GOLD Award. This is a unique and beautiful building, constructed in 2007. It sits amongst the trees in the old orchard, perched off the ground overlooking a woodland burn, with an oak tree in its centre! The Tree House is designed for an extra special totally original self catering holiday, It is ideal as a get-away for a couple, but the gallery can sleep up to 2 children.
– Double bedroom with king size bed and views down the burn
– Bathroom with bath and shower and underfloor heating
– Living room – looking up to the tree and the roof – with sitting area, dining area and kitchen.
– Hall with heated tile floor
– Spiral oak staircase to gallery.
– Gallery with oak floor and triangular dormer windows, with two chairs which turn into single beds
– French windows to outside deck.
– Deck overlooking private garden and the canopy of trees
The grounds of Kinlochlaich House include a beautiful octagonal walled garden, where you will find Scotland’s leading specialist garden plant centre. There is a tennis court, a games pavilion with table tennis, spacious lawns and a woodland walk.
Whichever way you drive, walk or go by boat, there is beautiful scenery in all directions.
Oban is the Gateway to the Isles, where ferries leave for day trips to Mull & Iona, Coll, Tiree and Colonsay and longer journeys to Barra and the Outer Hebrides. As Seafood Capital of Scotland, you also find fishing boats in the harbour and boat trips to see seals and other wildlife. There are several good cafes and restaurants and of course excellent fish & chips. Oban is our nearest whisky distillery and main shopping town.
Fort William, the Outdoor Capital of the UK, sits at the foot of Ben Nevis. This is where you board the steam train on the West Highland Line for the trip to Mallaig over the “Harry Potter” viaduct at Glenfinnan. The Caledonian Canal, joining Loch Ness to the sea down Neptune’s staircase of locks, is where you get great views of the Ben. You can also take a cable car up the mountain next to Ben Nevis for walking in the summer or skiing in the winter.
You can explore the area by car, walk the hills, take boat trips, go fishing, cycle in the forests …. You even get a choice of many places to mountain bike, sea kayak or play golf.
- Name : Susie Hutchison
- Address : Kinlochlaich House Appin Argyll PA38 4BD
- Phone (work) : 01631 730342
- Web address : http://www.kinlochlaich-house.co.uk