Secret Meadows Glamping, Suffolk
Secret Meadows provides luxury camping at its best with boutique style accommodation set at a beautiful wildlife site in Suffolk. There is a variety of special accommodation for you to choose from including Luxury Lodge Tents, Gypsy Caravan with Shepherd’s Hut (‘Gypsy’s Rest’) and the Hobbit Box (converted wooden horsebox truck).
Ideal for family holidays or romantic breaks for couples, Secret Meadows luxury camping provides stylish, off-grid creature comforts combined with the magic of staying close to Nature. Secret Meadows has been described in the press as “taking glamping to new heights!” and has been featured in the Saturday Telegraph’s ‘Four of the Best’ and the Independent’s ’50 Best Nights Under Canvas’.
Situated at White House Farm Wildlife Site, in rural Suffolk, there are 115-acres of meadows and woodland, unchanged for generations. At night, you can enjoy the delights of a camp fire, admire the beautiful
displays of stars on clear evenings and by day experience a slow pace of life in inspiring surroundings.
The kitchens and terraces are well equipped and once night falls really atmospheric with hanging lanterns and solar fairy light garlands fixed across the beams. A homemade cake and bottle of wine awaits your arrival to be enjoyed from the deck whilst admiring the breathtaking views that are yours to soak up for the duration of your stay!
All the accommodation units have a private loo, basin and hot shower, as well as traditional kitchen facilities with Belfast sink and hot and cold running water. Luxury Lodge Tents are set in wooded glades overlooking one of many pretty meadows. These tents are beautifully furnished (including a hand crafted 4-poster bed) for a country-inspired home away from home while the quirky Gypsy’s Rest (gypsy caravan with shepherd’s hut), and Hobbit Box, provide their own special charms with wooded surrounds, meadow views and the highest glamping standards.
Secret Meadows offers a range of on-site activities, tempting ‘Specials’ to choose from such as breakfast hampers, barbeque packages, and bushcraft workshops, and a farm pantry full of wholesome food as well as plenty of treats.
- Ready-made beds, towels and kitchen linen
- Complimentary items including tea tray and handmade soaps
- Firepit and BBQ grill
- Hammock and deck chairs
- Wildlife site (registered organic)
- Views of wildflower meadows and mature trees
- Hire packages (Secret Meadows Specials) such as Luxury Breakfast Hamper, Barbeque Hamper, Private Hen Coop Hire, Bushcraft Workshop, Whittling Workshop
- On-site Farm Pantry shop
- Nature trails and public footpaths on doorstep
Beds: Luxury Lodge Tents: 1 bedroom at the back of the tent has a king-size 4-poster bed, and the adjacent bedroom has 2 single beds (bunk bed). A fully enclosed wooden cupboard bed with doors forms a private bed space which can be accessed from the bunk bedroom or from the sitting area.
Gypsy’s Rest: 1 double bed in the gypsy caravan and 1 double wooden built-in cupboard bed in the shepherd’s hut.
The Hobbit Box: a bedroom at the back of the Hobbit Box includes a double wooden built-in double bunk bed, providing 2 cosy double beds.
Sleeps Maximum: Luxury Lodge Tents sleep 6 each, Gypsy’s Rest sleeps 4, The Hobbit Box sleeps 4
Facilities: * BBQ * Internet Access * Linen Available * Open Fire * Parking (Allocated / On site)
Suitability: Children Welcome / Family Holiday
Secret Meadows is in a quiet, rural area of East Suffolk along single track lanes. For days out, Secret Meadows is close to the beautiful market towns of Woodbridge and Framlingham, and within easy reach of the Suffolk coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
CONTACT & PRICING
- Name : Charlotte Daniel
- Address : White House Farm Wildlife Site, Hasketon, Woodbridge, Suffolk IP13 6JP
- Phone (work) : +44(0)1394 382992
- Low Season Prices (Nightly): Luxury Lodge Tents from £131 per night, Gypsy’s Rest/The Hobbit Box: from £105 per night (couples & shorter midweek stay discounts available in low season)
- High Season Prices (Nightly): Luxury Lodge Tents from £146 per night, Gypsy’s Rest/The Hobbit Box: from £117 per night
- Web address : www.secretmeadows.co.uk