Nethergong Showman’s Wagon
Romany’s would travel to fairs around the country in Showman’s Wagons. Our wagon was built and designed by a Romany, using authentic colours and materials. Converting to a super-kingsize bed, it easily sleeps a couple or a couple with a young child. A wood burning stove keeps it cosy in colder nights although you can light your own outdoor campfire also. Set in its own private glade we offer an outdoor covered kitchen and seating area and views across the valley to the hamlet of Chislet.
Nethergong Camping is owned by Christine and Jerry Jenkins. In the 1990’s Jerry’s father had the vision to plant thousands of broad-leaved English native trees on 26 acres of pastureland in rural East Kent. Nethergong campsite is an idyllic campsite for a maximum of only forty tents per night plus our romantic Romany Showman’s Wagon. The wagon, painted in Romany gold and maroon comprises a seating area which converts to a super kingsize bed! A baby wood burning stove in the corner completes the inside space. All bedlinen is provided as is basic cooking equipment and LED lighting.
Outside it has its own kitchen and seating area in our hand-built shed with big double doors to let the good weather in! The Wagon is situated in its own private glade which has room for an extra tent if you want.
Our site is equipped with hot showers, toilets and laundry facilities. We welcome couples and families and the unspoilt nature of our 26-acre smallholding lends itself to back-to-nature holidays. We grow vegetables on site, both from our two polytunnels and outside and these are for sale from our packing shed. Our large lake stocked with carp is available for recreational fishing and for use by our campers and veg box customers. Our small camp shop stocks essentials.
The Area / Things to Do
We are situated rurally but only 200m from the main road to Canterbury, close to the Stodmarsh Nature Reserve and only 20 minutes from the seaside towns of Whitstable, Ramsgate, Margate and Broadstairs. We are also six miles from historic Canterbury with many beautiful local walks including the Saxon Shore and Wantsum walks.
East Kent has fantastic attractions for adults and children. These include:
* Canterbury town and Cathedral
* High-speed rail link to London from Canterbury
* Stodmarsh Nature Reserve where you can see the wild horses or even hear a bittern calling
* Seaside town of Whitstable, famous for its oysters and annual Oyster Festival
* Seaside town of Margate with the new Turner Gallery
* Seaside town of Ramsgate with its beautiful marina
*Seaside town of Broadstairs with its Dickens Museum
* Howletts Zoo Park and Port Lymne Safari Park
* Dover Castle * Richborough and Reculver Castles – Roman remains
* Beautiful Walks
* Fabulous Country Pubs
* Great Restaurants including the Michelin-starred Sportsman at Seasalter
At A Glance
Sleeps Maximum – 3 (2 adults plus child sharing bed)
Suitability for Children – Yes
Suitability for the Infirm or Limited Mobility – No
Suitability for Visitors with Pets – No
Suitability for Wheelchair Users – No
Suitability for Smokers – No
Beds: – I super kingsize bed
Facilities: – Internet Access, Laundry Facilities, Linen Available, Open Fire, Parking (Allocated / Onsite)
Children Welcome / Family Holiday
CONTACT & PRICING
- Name : Nethergong Nurseries
- Address : Nethergong Nurseries Nethergong Hill Upstreet Canterbury CT3 4DN
- Phone (mobile) : +44(0)7768 212030 / +44(0)7901 368417
- Prices Per Night: £45 Low Season / £55 High Season
- Web address : www.nethergongnurseries.co.uk
- Follow on Facebook: www.facebook.com/nethergongcamping