NEW FOREST BELL TENTS Glamping Dorset and Bell Tent Hire
Glamping in Dorset
LUXURY BELL TENT CAMPING HOLIDAYS NEAR HORTON, DORSET
Get ready to glamp! Our bell tents are available for couples, families and small groups for short away breaks. Our bell tents are set up at our partner campsite, Meadow View, near the village of Horton, Dorset, within reach of both the New Forest and Dorset coastline with it’s beautiful beaches. Our bell tents are set up in an exclusive area of the meadow, perfect for appreciating sun sets and the stars in an unpolluted night sky. The facilities are modern with large heated shower blocks, gents/ladies toilets and washing up sinks. At reception they sell charcoal and briquettes for the fire pits and fresh eggs and there is a freezer available for ice block refreezing. Parts of the site are managed as a nature reserve by Wardens and there are swallows and swifts flitting around, as well as ducks to feed in the lake!
Each spacious tent is fully equipped and luxuriously furnished, with comfortable futon beds, cooking equipment and a fire pit to sit around in the evening. Two night stays are available with arrival on Sundays, Wednesdays or Fridays – an extra night’s stay is available on Bank Holidays and subject to availability.
Grasshopper is our 5m Bell Tents especially for Couples (2 Adults).
SWIFT AND SWALLOW
Swift and Swallow are 5m Bell Tents for families accommodating a maximum of 2 Adults and 3 children.
Butterfly is our 6m Bell Tent to accommodate groups of up to 10 people. It is equipped exactly the same as our other Bell Tents but has it has fold out beds (with full bedding) and extra crockery and utensils for larger groups.
SO WHAT’S IN THE TENT
- A full coir carpet, rugs and cushions
- Lighting – tea light chandelier (battery powered tea lights) LED storm lantern and tea light lanterns inside, solar fairy lights at entrance
- Double futon bed with full bedding and single fold out beds with full bedding for kids, spare blankets
- Two hob cooking stove with kitchen box containing cooking equipment, crockery and cutlery, kettle and cafetiere, salt n’ pepper
- Washing up bowl, scrubbers and washingup liquid
- Cool box with ice packs to keep perishables in
- Water Butt
- Dining table and chairs
- Fire bowl (with grate for barbecue) to keep warm in the evening
- Hamper with books and games, windup torch
- Welcome information pack and leaflets on local attractions
- Complimentary tea, sugar, coffee
There is no electricity in the bell tents; though we can provide a power pack inverter on request which has one socket.
Our bell tents are suitable for both seasoned campers and those who want a gentle introduction into the world of camping. We’ve taken a lot of time listening to feedback from our guests to get the tents just right, making sure everything is decent and comfortable. Everything is provided – all you need to bring are your clothes, toiletries and food! You can arrive on Sunday, Wednesday or Friday for a two night stay. Bank Holidays: minimum 3 night stay. We may be able to accommodate you for a longer stay depending on availability – please contact us and we will do our best to help.
LOCAL AREA AND THINGS TO DO
There are loads of great places to visit in the area. The New Forest with ponies living wild and its picturesque villages is close by.
- Stunning sandy beaches of Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch are all near by
- Pretty Minster town of Wimborne with its Model Village
- Purbecks Hills
- Boat Trips to Brownsea Island from Poole Quay with views of the Sandbanks peninsula
- Poole Harbour
- Corfe Castle
- Moors Valley Country Park with its Woodland Play Trail and Miniature Steam Railway
- Monkey World in Wareham
- Honeybrook Farm
- Badbury Rings
- Kingston Lacy National Trust House and Gardens in Wimborne
- Falmer Palmers Farm Park
- Paultons Park home to Peppa Pig World
- Beaulieu and Bucklers Hard in the New Forest
- Horse Riding in the New Forest
If you fancy getting active why not try one of our new activity packages. You can try out surf or stand up paddle board lessons with Surf Steps in Bournemouth or try tree top walking or the forest segways at Go Ape in Moors Valley Country Park. Both are within short travel distance from the campsite. Of course you can always just hang out by your bell tent and enjoy a barbecue or roast some marshmallows around the firepit!
Couples (2 Adults) £220 per 2 night stay
Families (Max of 5) £260 per 2 night stay
Groups (Max of 10) £27 pp per night (minimum 2 night stay)
The above prices are inclusive of campsite pitch fees. Longer stays can be booked by arrangement and subject to availability.
If you fancy getting active why not try one of our new activity packages. You can try out surf or stand up paddle board lessons with Surf Steps in Bournemouth or try tree top walking or forest segways at Go Ape in Moors Valley Country Park. Both are within short travelling distance from the campsite.
Get active in the sea with our Surf Camp package!!! We’ve teamed up with Bournemouth’s premier surf school Surf Steps to offer this exciting package. Choose from surf or stand up paddle boarding lessons. After a hard day’s surfing you can relax with a barbecue outside your bell tent and reflect on your progress. Book with your bell tent break and get 10% off the normal price for lessons. Sessions are 2 hours long and all equipment (wetsuits, board) is included. Sessions run twice per day (excluding winter) at 10am and 2pm.
We’ve teamed up with those monkeys at Go Ape to offer a 10% discount for the Tree Top Adventure or Forest Segways at Moors Valley Country Park when booked with your bell tent accommodation. (Offer valid on Adult Tree Top Adventure only – not Jnr and excludes Saturdays). A great outdoors activity to find your inner Tarzan!